11.16.2012

Accessorizing Fall and Winter

Turban: Anna Kula, Scarf: Juicy Couture (Faux Fur), Backpack: Chanel, Sunglasses: BCBGeneration, Beanies: River Island, Bag: Rebecca Minkoff, Backpack: H&M, Scarf: Barneys 

         Like many of you, I find accessorizing in the fall and winter seasons much easier than in the summertime. Especially in the warmer areas of the world, the last thing you want to do in the summer is add more layers to your body. Whether I am adding pieces to my outfit for warmth or merely aesthetic, accessorizing becomes somewhat of a second nature to me in the winter. My biggest pet peeve of the high school girls I am blessed to be surrounded by everyday (sense the sarcasm?) is the fact that a lot of them tend to over accessorize. This is why I have become somewhat of a phobic of the jewelry table at stores like Forever 21, Francesca's and H&M. Don't take this as me bashing these stores and other bargain retailers, but I feel like since the jewelry is at affordable friendly prices, people think they should buy everything (and wear it all at once!) It is highly unlikely that you will see me wearing any jewelry besides my few everyday bracelets. It is important to learn how to accessorize with out over doing it.  That being said these are some of my favorite accessories for fall.

Anything Oxblood/Wine/Burgundy: I adore anything this color! This color is so rich that it adds a necessary sense of depth to my usual all black uniform in the winter. Even though this color is so dark,  in a room full of people it really pops! This color also looks marvelous on a chunky knit. 

Fur: I am obsessed with this glam feeling I get whenever I incorporate fur into my outfits. I tend to keep my fur faux, but do whatever floats your boat this upcoming winter. I love fur scarves or accessories because for a lot of people (including my sixteen year old self) a floor length fur coat is a bit aggressive. Adding fur infinity scarves, hand warmers, or turban gives my outfits the perfect amount of glam. I also love my faux fur vest.  

Beanies: This is a big one this season! When I imagine my upcoming outfits this month, in 80% of them I am wearing a beanie. My mens Versace for H&M hat is one of my most coveted bargain scores. Although it is mens, it is my favorite beanie that I own. These neon River Island beanies are so fun! I am also on the hunt for hunter green and burgundy beanies. I would pair a burgundy or black beanie with this camo khaki Topshop jacket I have been lusting over. And when I am not wearing a beanie, I will most likely be wearing a super chic convertible turban. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment