5.12.2013

Countdown





Top: Diane Von Furstenberg, Jean Cutoffs: Thrifted, Shoes: Dolce Vita   

       Summer is coming and I couldn't be more excited. Usually summer excites me because of the clothes, the long nights, and not going to the dreaded halls of high school everyday. This year I am excited because I just want to breathe. My year is closing with AP tests, grades closing, and driving hours. I just want to lie in bed sometimes and stop thinking about school! These kinds of clothes are the ones that I virtually live in. I just want something that I can throw on and it still looks cute. High waisted jean shorts are honestly my uniform. My mother has these long Mediterranean legs, and in the gene pool someone thought it would be funny to give me the short Irish tree stump legs. I'm here to tell you that there are many things you can do to make your legs not look like those of a munchkin from the Wizard of Oz. The first would be stick to dark colored pants and stay away from patterns.  The second would be wear heels as much as possible. The last is high waisted. I'm not saying that I suddenly have Kate Moss legs, trust me those suckers are still short. Wearing high waisted shorts elongates my legs just enough that I have a boost in confidence. And really it is about how you feel about yourself not how others feel about you. I hope you guys have a great day! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment